Next Chapter Meeting – Monday October 21, 2019 6 pm - 9 pm
- Its hard to believe that its already October, and our next monthly meeting and Young Eagles Rally are both just a few days away. First, Bill Shay has just informed me that we already have 39 young eagles now pre-registered for Saturday morning (8 AM - Noon) at SkyManor. That along with the typical walk-in traffic we get is shaping up to be a great day. If you have not done so already, please register yourself as a pilot or ground crew volunteer on the new EAA YE website. Bill has previously circulated the link and details on how to do this - please contact Bill directly with any questions. Let's cross our fingers for some more excellent fall flying weather.
- Our October monthly meeting will be on Monday evening. This month we will of course get the latest updates on chapter activities including our scholarship programs (hopefully including some details about our Ray Foundation Scholar Robbie's first solo) as well as a safety briefing from Craig Johnston. We also have a couple of additional flying adventure presentations in the works. As always, new members and guests are always welcome.
- As we have discussed during recent months, we will be electing a new slate of chapter leaders at our November annual meeting next month. Per our "Chapter 643 Inc." by-laws and as required by EAA National, we must have members formally installed in these positions as of January 2020 in order to remain a viable EAA chapter. Failing to do so would threaten the future of the chapter and that is something that I'm sure none of us would want to see happen. These positions generally require a minimal amount of time and organizational effort and there are many longstanding members willing to offer support & advise - please consider what you can offer to your fellow members. If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to contact Rich, Doug or me as well as any of the many past chapter leaders who I'm sure would be willing to share their insights. Hope to see you Saturday morning & Monday evening!
- As usual, we plan on meeting in the Sky Manor Meeting Room with food / hangar flying beginning at 6pm, and formal meeting kicking off at 7pm.
- New members of all ages are always welcome.
Last updated: 10-16-2019