DONALD R. GORDON MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
Sponsored by EAA Chapter 643
EAA Chapter 643 is accepting donations dedicated towards the Donald R. Gordon Memorial Scholarship program. All donations will be used exclusively for aviation scholarships. If you would like to donate to the fund, please make checks payable to:
Checks should be mailed to the Treasurer of EAA Chapter 643 as follows:
At this time, donations to this fund are not eligible for US Federal or NJ State income tax deductibility.
Dedicated to the memory of a past member of EAA Chapter 643, the Donald R. Gordon Memorial Scholarship program provides financial assistance to help student pilots complete their training towards achieving Private Pilots Certification. The criteria for eligibility are intended to help pilots towards the end of their training, to complete their check rides and realize their goals.
The criteria for the 2018 program will be posted later in the year and the scholarship(s) will be granted on or before January 2019. The number and size of each scholarship are determined by EAA Chapter 643 who has sole discretion on applicant eligibility.
Past Scholarship Criteria (2017)
Applicants must meet the following criteria for scholarship consideration:
· Must be in pursuit of Private Pilot Certificate
· Must have a letter of recommendation from flight instructor providing primary training
· Must be 17 years of age or older
· Must have successfully completed the FAA written examination
· Must have a current FAA Medical Certificate
· Must have solo endorsement prior to application
· Must complete a 2017 EAA 643 Scholarship Application
· Must be in good financial status with flight school providing training
· Must complete a 1000-word essay (topic on application)
How do I apply?
2018 applications & further instructions will be posted here when available.
Please contact Scholarship Committee member Frederick Slapa
at IFLYNJN40@yahoo.com or 908-399-6669 with any questions.